Marathon week has arrived. I've been too distracted the last couple of weeks to realize how quickly the days were ticking away. Now today the reality is sinking in... Marathon #2 is just 5 days away! In many ways, I feel ready but doubt has definitely reared its ugly head.
I still have no idea what I'm going to wear. I had an outfit semi-planned, but I think the weather is going to be warmer than originally expected (high now of 73). I think I'll be packing an assortment of interchangeable tops/bottoms to make a gametime decision.
My To-Do List for marathon week...
- Print out driving directions
- Figure out babysitter for kids Friday afternoon
- Plan/pack race outfit and post-race clothes
- Tweek playlist for the last 13 miles / Charge ipod
- Plan meals for a week of clean eating
- Drink Emergen-C twice a day all week
- Watch an inspirational sports movie
- Treat my feet to a pedicure plus manicure
- Book a massage appointment for next week
- Finish work projects by Thursday
- Relaxing reading
- Early to bed all week
Do you have any rituals that you do during a big race week?
My last long run didn't go as planned this past weekend. I was highly unmotivated. The weather was blah. We had a crazy schedule and a very sick kiddo (meaning momma didn't sleep much). Saturday afternoon I finally got myself out the door with all the gumption I had left. Just one mile in and my husband texts that he's gotta head into work earlier than expected. So after 8 miles, I returned home to finish the 10.5 miler on the treadmill. I hate it when training ends on a sour note. This afternoon will be my last "effort run" - a 6 mile tempo. Here's hoping it goes down with more encouragement.
Workout plan for the week…
Mon – yoga, bike, run 6 mile tempo
Tues – yoga, easy 5 miles, spin class
Wed – yoga, 3 miles at race pace
Thurs – rest
Fri – rest
Sat – WISCONSIN MARATHON!