Friday, June 20, 2014

Product Review: Thermo Heat

The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Thermo Heat.

I've never been that lean running machine that is glorified on magazine covers. My entire running journey has been combined with weight loss and management. In fact, weight loss is the sole reason I started running (again) five years ago.  Now I continue to run (bike, yoga, and workout) for a plethora of other reasons, but I feel my weight is still a hindrance.

Yes, I run well and am happy with an 8:49 pace in my last race... but my mind is always telling me, "Ten pounds less and I could have been a minute faster" and so on. Truth is I'm not even close to my goal weight right now. That's nothing new, but lately I've surpassed my happy weight. And that affects me on so many levels - not only in my athletic endeavors, but also my personal relationships and overall well-being.

One thing I have learned is that everyone's weight loss experience is different.  Bodies react differently to workouts and diets. I've kept an open mind (and tried) so many options and variations.  Initially, I may lose weight on fad diets, but it's impossible for me to stay with a routine of no carbs, only juice or protein shakes. So personally, I'm not a gimmick type of gal.  Through the years, I've found the classic balance of exercise and healthy diet works best in my lifestyle. I enjoy physical workouts and have no problem racking up the "activity points". The problem is I also enjoy food (and drink!).  So the only way I make significant weight loss is tracking food and managing the calorie equation... burning more calories than you consume.

For anyone whose been on a significant weight loss journey, the plateau is practically unavoidable. Eventually, the pounds stop melting off even though you're working your butt off. The longer you sustain a calorie deficit, the more likely you are degrading your metabolism (the rate at which you burn fat and calories), which in turn slows down the weight loss numbers.  I have battled the plateau and must admit, it has beat me down pretty much every time. This past year, I watched a good friend find success. She was already in great shape (and in my opinion, had nothing to lose), but she had gained 10 lbs over a separate battle with cancer. One day while we ran, she told me about a supplement that she started taking. She felt it was making the difference in creating downward scale movement.  I've always been leary of pills of any sort.  They seemed gimmicky and somehow in my mind, it felt like cheating to me. But I trust my friend's advice and experience, so it opened up the option in my mind.

When the opportunity to test out Thermo Heat presented itself, I jumped at it.  Thermo Heat was just introduced to the market this past spring. It is revolutionary in nature as it takes a different approach than other fat burning supplements...
"Thermo Heat is formulated to stimulate brown adipose tissue (BAT).  
BAT is made up of fat cells that generate heat, due to its high concentration
 of UCPs – uncoupling proteins.  UCPs uncouple fat oxidation from ATP 
production allowing the body to generate heat without making energy.  
BAT is usually activated in response to cold temperature exposure, which is termed
 non-shivering thermogenesis.  Recent research, however, has discovered that there 
are other ways to stimulate BAT, including a few effective ingredients that you 
can find in Thermo Heat. These include caffeine, capsaicin and tyrosine." Source


Turning Fat into Tissue
Yes please! I'm game to turning my body's fat into just about anything! Thermo Heat promises to help your body turn fat into thermogenic tissue. The list of ingredients are long, but each component serves a purpose in igniting your body's fat burning ability. Thermo Heat switches on the metabolically inactive white adipose tissue so that it acts more similar to the heat-producing brown fat (BAT) of the body.

Stimulate the Pathway for Fat Burning
The Beta-3-Adrenergic System is a key pathway for fat burning that Thermo Heat safely stimulates. This helps to raise one's resting metabolic rate without impacting heart rate or blood pressure.

Supports Thyroid Function
If you've dieted for long periods, your metabolism and thyroid function will typically begin to slow due to a calorie-restricted diet.  Thermo Heat provides several ingredients to help trigger thyroid production, boosting the stimulation of brown fat thermogenesis.

Beyond the clinical research results above, here is what I can attest to with my personal Thermo Heat experience...

Enhance Energy and Alertness (without Over-Stimulating!)
For anyone who knows me personally, they're thinking right now, "Jess needs more energy?" But let me tell you, every afternoon I reach a low point. Typically the kids are napping.  Many times I doze off as well, or I find myself alone in the kitchen. It's not a good situation for me! Mid-afternoon was a key time for me to take a Thermo Heat supplement, which contains noradrenaline and dopamine activators. These neurotransmitters are chemicals that regulate the activity of neurons in the body... controlling thermogenesis, appetite control, mental alertness, food cravings, sense of pleasure, feel good and reward responses.  With safety and efficacy guiding Thermo Heat formulation, the combination of ingredients are designed to enhance your body's energy and focus without the uncomfortable (or unsafe) level of stimulation.

Manage Appetite.
This is a big benefit for Thermo Heat for me personally. It's where I struggle the most in my weight loss journey.  Thermo Heat's special blend of ingredients works together to activate your body's own appetite-suppressing hormones and neurochemicals responsible for bodyweight control.  Net-net, it helped me say NO to that afternoon sweet tooth.

Putting Thermo Heat to Use...
Thermo Heat instructs new users to start with 1 capsule in the morning and 1 in the afternoon for three days. If your body tolerates, double the dose, but remaining at no more than 4 capsules per day.  I had mixed emotions on whether I should take more, so I have stuck with 2 per day.  After taking one Thermo Heat capsule, I felt that energy boost within 15 minutes.  It was not overwhelming, but I certainly felt a warming effect on my body - similar to if I would have started a slow jog. I've heard people mention nervousness or jitters when taking fat-burning supplements. Personally, I didn't experience that with Thermo Heat. The only side effect that concerns me was the shortness of breathe. Again, it felt like I had started exercising - while at rest. It took me by surprise some days, and other times it passed by with ease.  In my experience taking Thermo Heat, I did not see a dramatic drop on the scale, but I honestly can't say I combined it with the best diet.  I will continue to use Thermo Heat until my trial runs out - as I had no adverse effects. I hope to report at a later date movement on the scale as I combine it with a more controlled choice of food.

Thermo Heat is available for purchase here. 120 capsules run $79.95.

Have you ever used a fat-burning supplement before?
I'm interested to hear your experience...

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear more and diet is key too. I notice supplements do nothing for me unless my diet is still stellar. I'm back on the same one again cuz wouldn't ya know it a couple of weeks of terrible eating (when my sister passed) and no exercising put back about 5lbs. Naturally, the diet is still lacking, so I'm noticing no changes, gotta get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for a great supplement that covers all the bases this is it. The only downside for some is the pills you have to take. I suggest taking them with lots of water.
    Swisse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently started taking this supplement to drop the dreaded 10 lbs. I managed to gain over the past year for one reason alone—I stopped working out. Now that I'm trying to get back on track (hiking, resistance training and Zumba), I've had difficult making the scale budge even when I managed to cut out "bad food" (soda, take out, fast food and other garbage I consumed sparingly (chips)). So far I'm only on day 4 with Thermo Heat, and kept it to two pills a day. I've experienced the temperature increase and energy levels, which are good, but I also noticed my stomach hurts when I take it first thing in the a.m. It sort of feels like a burning sensation and I get a little nauseous as a result. I know side effects can vary, but are you or anyone on this thread experiencing similar symptoms?

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing reveal, I a minute ago specified this onto some colleague who had been doing fairly psychiatry for this. And he in reality bought me breakfast for the reason that I set up it pertaining to him.. smirk. Hence i lack to alter that: Thnx for the treat! Except agreed Thnkx with regard to spending calculate to talk regarding this, I undergo convincingly a propos it and enjoy rendition more by this topic. Qualification realistic, as you deem expertise, would anyone mind updating your blog with additional details? It can be present highly essence on behalf of me. Cumbersome browse awake emphatically on behalf of this blog post!
    Air Cooled Heat Exchanger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once i ultimately started using Phen375 secret of weight losst, I need to honestly declare that we was not also comfortable so it would certainly do just as well; it absolutely was sort of a final forget hard work to be able to speedily drop some fat previous to summer. In fact, the cost was sensible and yes it would not find less difficult than getting several drugs before meals.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback and comments!