|The finish line of my first Marathon|
Quad Cities 9.25.11
So without much ado, I bid 2011 farewell, short and sweet...
2011 will forever be remembered for my First Marathon (race recap). It is by far my proudest accomplishment. I diligently trained my ass off, sacrificed summer fun for rest/run/recovery, and crossed that finish line like a damn champion. (No, I didn't win.) I still can't quite put the feeling into words. How on earth can running 26.2 miles make me feel so darn happy and elated? I'm all about the endorphin high.
Other Highlights from 2011
- I broke PR's in every race distance. Training with speed intervals work. period. no cheating. just do the work.
- I met so many fabulous running friends with the creation of Sole Sisters. I can't say enough about this newfound running community of women.
- I started blogging last January and made extraordinary friendships with runners from all over the U.S. Pretty confident that I could run anywhere and find a fellow blogger who would take me in. :)
- I became Half Fanatic #1092.
- I raised over $2000 for cancer charities.
What was your proudest moment of 2011?