• The miles are done... in the training log and on the legs.
• We have once again had a warm spell in the middle of winter. It was high 30's when I left the house, and hit nearly 50 degrees by time we were done. My favorite temperatures to run in!
• The sunshine was bright, which sets the happy tone for the whole day.
• Because of the nice weather on Saturday (and a cold forecast for Sunday), there were runners everywhere on the trails. We exchanged cheers and high fives with lots of fellow Sole Sisters on the run.
• My target pace (per the Run Less Run Faster training plan) was 10:29 min/miles. We ended with an average of 10:37. Considering my head cold, I'm not going to be disappointed with that.
• My good friend KO ran the full distance with me. Always great to have a partner to carry you along and chat you up.
|You'll be seeing more of KO in my posts...|
She's training for her first marathon in May and runs my pace.
• I'm still suffering from a head cold, making it difficult to breathe. KO kept the conversation rolling, and I had to apologize for being so short on words.
• The wind was nasty. Weatherman said 20mph. I kept thinking we'd eventually have "wind at our back" for an easy stretch, but it seems to be swirling and never a clear direction. Thankfully, a couple spots had some tree protection.
• My right knee was hurting again as we got into the double digits. It's been a discomfort that has come and gone the last six months... but really flared up with this week's treadmill runs.
• Mentally, I was not "in" this run. Without KO, I might have quit early. As we ran past 10 miles, I started the mental
Little Rock 26.2 in just 6 weeks.
We live and learn on every run...