Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday News

Trot for Tots Recap
Yesterday, I dug out my elf costume for the Trot for Tots 2 mile race, benefitting the US Marines' Toys for Tots campaign.  It was a beautiful warm day and perfect for a run.  I decided beforehand to hold back and jog with my hubby, have fun with the crowd, and save my speed for the 4 mile race the following day.  The race started off great.  I was a waving fool to the huge crowds of spectators.  The kids loved my elf costume.  And then it happened... 

Twisting around to look for my running partner, I rolled my left ankle and fell to the ground.  Ouch!  Not only painful, but darn right embarrassing!  The whole crowd did a big "Owwww".  I continued to jog my way to the finish (no idea what my time was).  Hindsight, I really should have quit.  It's much worse than I originally thought.  I iced it and babied the ankle yesterday... but today it hurts even worse and is nicely swelled up.  Crap, crap, and double crap!

The Sole Sisters reporting for duty!
My First DNS
Due to yesterday's face-plant and my inability to even walk today, I recorded my first DNS (Did Not Start) in this morning's River Trail Classic 4 mile race.  I was really looking forward to this one, although the rain this morning was rather unappealing.  Needless to say, I'm a little crabby today.  Welcome back to the DL... ugh.


Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge - Week #1
I was a day late getting started in the HBBC challenge, but still managed to rack up 36 points this week.  It comes at the perfect time for me since I'm on a mission to shed my last 30 lbs before February's Myrtle Beach Marathon.

Highlights from my first week of the HBBC include...
• eating seven servings of vegetables 4 out of the 7 days
• logging 21 run miles and 12 on the bike
• cross training activities like Yoga, Spinning, Boxing, and Weights

Fit Fluential
I'm so excited to be added as a Fit Fluential Ambassador.  I look forward to the opportunities with this great group and the things I can learn from them.


Holiday Shopping
Did you brave the crowds and do some shopping this weekend?  I did not.  I made some online purchases, but am not fond of shopping (in general), much less in big crowds and lines.  If you missed it on Black Friday, check out my Holiday Shopping Guide {here}, full of ideas and great discounts for the runner on your list... or send it to your hubby to shop for YOU!
Check it out here!



WEIGHT LOSS GOAL before Myrtle Beach Half Marathon on Feb. 18 
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

14 comments:

  1. Aw, stupid ankle. But you looked fabulous. I asked my husband if he would ever dress up like that with me, and he responded with a resounding "NO". Your hubs is awesome. Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting to be a Fitfluential ambassador! I am really excited about it, can't wait to see what all it entails!

    Bummer on the faceplant, I love the elf costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your costume Jess, Sorry about the injury!

    Congrats on the FitFluential thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your costume is too cute!! hope you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too bad on the DNS but love the costume and congrats on fitfluential

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you fell and hurt yourself, that really stinks. I'm even more sorry it caused you to have a DNS today. I'm hoping you are feeling better soon. You did a great job on the HBBC last week! I forgot to tally my points in one post, must do that this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you fell? Oh no! That is awful! I really hope you heal up soon. Love the new website look. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry that you ate the pavement, that is never a good way to start a holiday weekend.

    love the holiday look over here! what program did you use to create this cuteness?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry that you are hurt!

    You are kicking butt in the HBBC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your ankle is better soon! Great start on HBBC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh, sorry about the injury. Great pictures and love the weight loss goal, I need to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your costume! Sorry to hear about your ankle and your DNS. Hope it's better very soon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback and comments!