Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sweet recovery

Rest day are almost important as run days, according to the experts.  So that's what Day 3 is... kinda.  My legs were aching as I went to bed last night, and this morning they were noticeably weak as soon as I awoke.  So I was a bit thankful Spinning class was cancelled this morning due to yesterday's blizzard.

With cross-training still on the schedule today... I popped in The Biggest Loser Yoga DVD once the kids went down for a nap.  Nothing like a good stretch with my buddy Bob to make sore legs feel real again.  This is by far my favorite yoga DVD to date.  Afterward I hit the exercise bike for 45 minutes, racking up 12.3 miles at a level 3 resistence.  Topped it off with 50 crunches on the ab lounger, 50 overhead tricep lifts and 25 tricep kickbacks.  I want those defined shoulders back for summer!

Up Next (Thursday):  TEMPO RUN - 2 mile warmup, 3 miles short-tempo at the prescribed 9:18 pace (yikes!), followed by a 1 mile cooldown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback and comments!