Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yabba Dabba Do!

No Barney Rubble by my side, but I'm kicking up my heels like Fred Flintsone, shouting "Yabba Dabba Do!"

I just finished a 16.1 mile run!  That is the longest distance I've ever ran, by 2 miles.  I practically stalked the thermometer this morning, so anxious to run.  The bright sunshine was deceiving, registering only 22 degrees  By mid-morning, it was up to 35, so I headed out to my favorite trail from East Peoria to Morton.  Sorry, no pretty pictures this morning... I was all business.

Most important, the run felt really good on the body and mind.  The trip took me 2:42 with a 10:03 average pace.  I can't say the pace was exactly steady...  The first part was uphill with cold wind in my face, but I made up that time on the way home.  I felt really strong the last couple of miles.  Of course, downhill will do that to you.  I practiced my fueling with two GUs and a handful of jelly beans, which worked out perfect. I also learned the max time for an iPhone battery using GPS and the ipod.  It died right after I stopped.

After chocolate milk, foam rolling, stretching and a hot shower, I'm still smiling!  :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


DON'T MISS OUT ON MY CURRENT GIVEAWAYS!


13 comments:

  1. Nice job on knocking out the 16.1 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!

    Toni @ runninglovingliving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on finishing your longest distance of 16.1. You deserve to be smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! Way to go Jess, that is amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Jess!!!
    I love reaching new distances! It feels so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! That's an awesome run and time - esp with the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous!! Think how many times you will be saying that to yourself as you train for this marathon!! AWESOME!!

    Jelly beans--I've tried sport beans--these would be way cheaper and in season! ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! VERY LONG distance and a kick-ass pace! Nice work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fantastic! I did 4 this morning and I felt cool lol! I aspire to be able to run this distance someday, baby steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are seriously an animal! I am SO proud to be getting to know you!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. for beginners like me need a lot of reading and searching for information on various blogs. and articles that you share a very nice and inspires me .

    cara menggugurkan kehamilan
    obat aborsi
    jual obat aborsi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback and comments!