Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Jelly Bean Report... WINNERS!!

All because of my addiction to these...

I got a whole boatload of people to run during Easter week.
Not just run, but RACE their bunny tails off!  


With exactly 199 registered for The Jelly Bean, over 78% finished the race.  I sure hope you splurged on some jelly beans to celebrate!  I know I did.  Thank you so much for playing along with my fun and running the virtual Jelly Bean 5k/10k with me!


• BEST COSTUME •
I love to have fun, and that's what this virtual race was all about.   It was hard to pick just one winner with so many cute pictures sent my way.  These three are deserving of an Honorable Mention...
Skinny Mary-Michael

Michael

Richelle

and the winner of a "Run with Jess" prize pack for the BEST COSTUME is...

Katie Stemp, with her mom and sister, put some fun thought into their costumes.  They dressed in yellow to be matching PEEPS... (from left-right)  Peeping Tom, Peep Show, and Little Bo Peep.  I love good creativity!  Nice work ladies!

Your pictures inspired more fun honorable mentions
(no prizes, but a mention on my blog is prize enough, right?!)

• BEST SWEAT •
Have no doubt about it, a lot of sweat went down last week,  but Toni takes the cake!

• WORST WEATHER •
Coming back from surgery, Beth Ann ventured out in the white stuff to run the Jelly Bean!

• BEST SCENIC PHOTOS •
Kesha ran along the beautiful Hudson River in NY/NJ.  This photo is AWEsome!

This photo of Rachel belongs in a magazine, don't you think?

• GOOFY ENTHUSIASM •
Katey shows her muscles!

Kim rocks her finishing pose!

I think Melissa is having fun on her run!  I love it!

• GREATNESS IN GROUPS •
Cassie got her local running group to join her in The Jelly Bean race.
The Towpath Turtles in Ohio made the JB into a fun group event.  Photo submitted by their coach Sheila.
A group from the Illinois Air Force Guard sport bunny ears for their JB run. 

 • ASPIRE TO INSPIRE •
I love to see running involve the whole family!
This little guy was our youngest runner, finishing his 5K is 31 minutes!

Kim and her daughter enjoy the run together.

Pam even made her daughter a Jelly Bean race bib to wear for the ride!


• PRIZE RAFFLE •
With 155 finishers + 92 bonus entries for photo submissions, there were 247 names in the Jelly Bean prize raffle.  Congratulations to the winners (randomly chosen by random.org).  Winners, please e-mail me at runwithjess@comcast.net with your shipping address. 


Heather Bean
Amy Long
Carson Cook

Sara T.
Missy Pruitt

Clare Early

Katey K.
Pam Miller

Jessica Hill

Michelle S.
Jess A. (Blonde Ponytail)
Michael Weatherly

Richelle M.

Kim Reed

Cindy Gabriel

32 comments:

  1. Great job on the race Jess!!! Thanks for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures! Of course I may be partial to one runner, congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, I loved this race!
    Congrats to all the winners!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures! Thank you so much for hosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Jess!! Great costumes and involvement by readers!! And, I get some GU! Will it help me knock out this cold?!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee aka Little Bo PeepApril 28, 2011 at 4:07 PM

    Thanks for organizing the race and enjoying our costumes! Had loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for being one of the best race directors around. What a success!

    So excited to get the Run Like a Girl book and share it with my daughter. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the fun pics! Thanks so much for the race!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures! Thank you so much for putting on this awesome race!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun pics, thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY WORD!!!! I absolutely love all these photos!!! Congrats to all of the winners...this was so much fun to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!! So honored to be a winner!! Thanks again for putting the event together. We had SO much fun and can't wait to do it next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to the winners! Thanks for hosting such a fun race!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great job again! thanks so much for organizing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I won something! So fun, definitely let's do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the pics. What a fun race! Thanks again for organizing. Yeah - I won something to! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pic of the guys with the ears on was pretty good !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photos!!! Thanks again for putting this together! I had fun! Hope there will be a 2nd annual Jelly Bean race!

    ReplyDelete
  19. THANK YOU SO MUCH for hosting this fun race and also for posting those great photos. I bet there were many more great ones. It makes me all mushy to see runners across the country coming together for stuff like this. I love it. You rock lady! I hope someday I get to run with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this was such a fun race and LOVE all of the photos! Can't wait to participate in another virtual race!!! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting the race. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. VERY FUN!! Thanks so much for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. good job every1 and congrats to the winners (while i secretly pout over not winning, but that's ok)
    Beth Ann and I have horrible weather, no doubt about it... she is an awesome runner and an even more awesome person.

    Anyways, congrats again to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the pictures!!!
    Again, this was a great race!! I am excited for organizing a virtual race someday!

    Congrats winners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea! Thank you so much for getting me out there! It was my first race since my surgery! 4 months to be exact!

    I can't wait for the next one!
    Great job to all the winners! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations to all the winners! It was so much fun. Thanks for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. this was so cool to read! Almost (not quite though!) made me wish I had taken a full pic! But what the wind did to my face...!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is not just a game, but all participants can have fun.
    Really very interesting with this activity. cream

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback and comments!