Friday, April 1, 2011

March Rewind

PR for me!  8:54 pace this race
I'm stealing this "rewind" idea from Racing with Babes.  She's amazingly motivating and just rocked a PR at the National Marathon in D.C.

It's important to look backward frequently to clear the road for where you're going.  It can be so easy to get frustrated in training and especially weight loss.  I find looking back always make me feel good about myself and has a motivating effect as well.  March had its ups and downs...

MILES OF TRIALS
March miles: 104.35
Longest run:  16.1  (a new PR!)
Races:  St. Paddy's Day 8K finished in 44:30 (a new PR!)

IT'S NOT FAT, IT'S FUEL
Monthly weight loss:  -7.8 lbs
YTD weight loss: -19.4 lbs
Trimming weight is not easy while training for a half-marathon.  These hard runs make me hungry!!  I have focused on eating the right foods... protein, whole wheat grains and lots of vegetables.  Most importantly, cutting out sweets.  O-dear chocolate, how I miss thee...

MIND OVER MILES
Books I'm reading...
"Running Well" by Sam Murphy & Sarah Conners
I picked this up at the library, and it has been a wonderful surprise.  Highly recommend.  I especially liked the in-depth review of proper running form.
"First Marathons: Personal Encounters with the 26.2 Mile Monster" by Gail Waesche Kislevitz
I've enjoyed reading this one bit by bit... one chapter each night before I go turn out the lights. It's prepping me (good and bad) for what lies ahead this fall.

ROCK IT GIRLS!!
Song downloads this month...
The Irish one was of course for my St. Paddy's race (and the kids hot potato game!)

MONTHLY CONFESSION
I ate an entire bag of Starburst Jelly Beans in one day... all by myself.  Not my proudest moment.

QUOTE OF THE MONTH
"Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw

APRIL ASPIRATIONS
• Oshkosh Half Marathon (April 16) finish with my first ever sub-2.
• Illinois Half Marathon (April 30) just run for fun!
• Monthly miles goal: 120
• Weight loss goal: -6 lbs
• Time Management:  I'm getting slammed in my wedding business as it gets closer to summer (check it out HERE), so I need to improve my time management, or else my runs/sleep/nutrition is going to suffer.  This will be a big hurdle to my success this month.
• Little Girl (my baby!!) turns the big 3 this month!

Thanks to all of you who follow my running rambles here.  
Your support and encouragement really mean a lot!  
xoxo


11 comments:

  1. WOW! Sounds like you had a great March - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girly! Just stumbled upon your blog, love it so far! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post even more than mine. I might just change mine up a bit! Great month. Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great month.

    Thanks for the book recs off to check them out.

    I just picked up The AThlete's Palate CookBook and the Runners Diet at the library - need food as fuel to not gain while training.....I want to keep losing weight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great month and a more promising April, good luck !

    Toni @ runninglovingliving

    ReplyDelete
  6. March was great for you!!! Good luck in April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like march was fabulous! i just posted about your jelly bean virtual race on my blog today. so excited! thanks for the book recommendations and the music too. i know you will have a great april.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you had an absolutely amazing month! Great job on the PR, long run and weight loss! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your twist on March Rewind! I like the confession section. Those Starburst jelly beans are yummy tho! I ate more candy last month that I want to admit :/ My weakness was kit kats.

    Looks like you had a great month! Totally love your St Pattys Days outfits. Especially the socks!

    I always love when I find new blogs for inspiration and yours rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go! Here's to a great April!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great month!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback and comments!